Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I change ink, doesn't work. Said: there is problem with…

Customer Question
When I change ink...

When I change ink, doesn't work. Said : there is problem with the printhead

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

It is officejet pro 6830

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

From windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Time a long

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
10/1/2017
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

The issue you describe may be resolved with a hard reset. To do that perform the following steps:

While the printer is turned on, disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Next remove any USB cables (cables that plug into a computer from the printer).

Wait for 3 minutes, then press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds (to remove any additional electrical charge).

Plug the printer power cable straight into a wall outlet (do not plug into a surge protector, power strip or extension cord) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait until the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle and then test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know if that resolves the issue or if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

When is the last time it was working without the error?

A few months ago

Did the problem start immediately after installing new cartridges?

Do you have the old cartridges available?

Also, are the new cartridges genuine HP or a generic brand cartridge?

I don't have the old and the news are original HP
I tried to update the firmware from my laptop and I could not

This error typically means that there is a hardware error requiring the printer to be replaced. However, since the problem started immediately after replacing the cartridges, it is possible that there is something defective with the new cartridges. So if you can obtain cartridges (used or new) to test, you could swap the cartridges now installed with other ones (preferably known good ones from another printer or previously used by your printer) and if the error does not appear then the issue is due to a defect in one or all of the new cartridges.

I'll try new cartridges tomorrow and let you know,

Ok, sounds good. Please let me know whether or not they work.

One other thing - check the bottom of the new cartridges for a plastic protective film that covers the connection surface on the cartridges - sometimes it's easy to overlook the film and if the cartridge is installed with the film on it you could get strange errors.

Ok, I will check. Thank you

Ok, thanks. I will check back when you post your findings.

Do you still need assistance?

Syseng
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer