Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am working on my lap top; the printer is set on WIFI. I…

Customer Question
I am working on...

I am working on my lap top; the printer is set on WIFI. I keep getting an

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is the MG7700 series about 2 yrs. old. It keeps giving me an "error" message.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC - OS? Give me some hints.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just the last two weeks and as far as I know, nothing happened to cause this.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Sorry to be so untechnical - what else might they want to know?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/1/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 10 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the error message showing on the computer's screen or on the printer's screen?
Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Does your computer have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Have you tried to uninstall / reinstall the Canon printer's driver / program?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,