Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printing interrupted with message "no paper. Canon MX922.

Customer Question
Printing interrupted with message...

Printing interrupted with message "no paper

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of the printer?

Canon MX922

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OSX Yosemite

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We have two printers. The first one works perfectly. The second (this one) has had this problem since it arrived. We just keep hoping it goes away!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

We have filled the area all the way to the top of the space and this won't work either.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/30/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

From the beginning of using this one we connected to a newer MAC.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

OK I just did this. What next?

Press the power button twice and give it a go again

I get one star for being old. I am 80 and this is my grandchildren's printer and Mac. Am I going about this the right way? I have unplugged the printer from the power strip -- then pressing the ON button on the printer for 30 seconds??

Yes correct

ok
Should I plug it back in now?

Yes, try it now please

Should I try to print something?
I tried to print a photo from the Mac. As before, CODE 1007 - no paper in cassette, ....
It is now Sunday morning as I log back on. I see no "answer" so have I missed something?

Can we look at this please when you're available?

Thanks

Kris

I am at this computer now. I just tried to copy a photo from the 8 X10 drawer and got the same non-response. Earlier I had been using the 4 X6 size.
The Canon in question was purchased via amazon on July 10, 2017.
6992B002 PIXMA MX922

Would it be possible to connect and have a look?

I cannot spend any more money. I am 80! I am just looking for the solution to this problem instead of returning the product and hoping the next one works. M.Haley
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?