Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Does not print. recently installed new router, and shows…

Customer Question
Does not print. recently...

Does not print. recently installed new router, and shows connected

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Canon mx492

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just now, printed fine with old router

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/30/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 8 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried to go through the Setup > Device settings > (LAN settings) > Wireless LAN setup option on the printer's screen in order to connect your printer to your new router's Wi-Fi / wireless network name?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please stay with me on this page.

- Please click on the website below for full video instructions on how to connect your printer to your new router's Wi-Fi / wireless connection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8gzyZyRU18

- Note: Wireless passphrase / key / password ***** *****

- What's the make / model of your new router?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

this does not help, i have done all this several times
no

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/
Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Also, this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.

It showed "Connected to the access point" on the printer's screen when you did the option Wireless LAN setup on the printer's screen. Is that correct?

Can you uninstall / reinstall the Canon printer's driver / program?
How about with a small amount as shown for direct remote support?
Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,