Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a paper jam; and can't figure out how to open the…

Customer Question
I have a paper...

I have a paper jam; and can't figure out how to open the bottom part to get the jammed paper out.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a workforce845 . and is about 10 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I am using a Pc and am using Windows 10; and it was upgraded a couple of weeks ago. Usually when this happens other things get screwed up

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have never had a paper jam with this machine. It's the first one. I just changed the ink cartridges. and printed one item from my e-mails; and was printing a suduko form that I use ..it's is a 2-sided copy so I had to reset this before printing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really. I just want to finish printing my suduko forms; and I want the printer to stop blinking and I need to know how to get the paper jam fixed.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/30/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

This page https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd41239/source/troubleshooting/reference/xp800/problem_jam_inside_xp800.html

And this page https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd41239/source/troubleshooting/reference/xp800/problem_jam_rear_cover_xp800.html

Those two pages will show you how to get inside the machine to remove jams. If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.