Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The paper tray won't load paper into the printer. It will…

Customer Question
The paper tray won't...

The paper tray won't load paper into the printer. It will have a full, half full, or nearly empty tray, but the paper won't feed.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

8480DN, not sure on age but I think about 5 years

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 7 originally and it wouldn't work then and now I have windows 10 and it still doesn't work.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Sorry, that was wrong, I had Windows 7 and it worked most of the time, upgraded to windows 10 and it worked and about 2 weeks ago it stopped completely and we're using the pull down tray to feed paper in now. Nothing different happened before this. It just says no paper in tray.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Why is there a deposit?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/30/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

It was intermittent for a few months and it won't work at all for the last two weeks.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Walk me through the process you're going to recommend, please. I've already gone through several methods and don't want to repeat them for time's sake.

Let me know done
Regards
Kris