Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I need to get into service mode on a xerox 700. However I…

Customer Question
I need to get...

I need to get into service mode on a xerox 700. However I need to do this as the machine is turning on as it wont fully boot

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Xerox is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Xerox 700 approx 8 years

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, Creo...but I have that disconnected, I just need to get it up and running for copies

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The machine stops on screen 3 of 6 while booting

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need to know how to get to service mode from this point, so that I can re-set the software. Thx

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/30/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

just started. We turned on the machine and it wont get past screen 3/6 in the boot process. Last time this happened the tech just needed to re-boot software on the Machine. To do that, I need to be in service mode, which I know how to do when machine is on, but not when the machine is powered off. Which keys do I hold down while re-starting? thx

Press and hold 0 while it turns on

that does not work for the xerox 700...makes it to the same 3/6 screen

Okay that's odd let me see, do you have the serial number?

MAV773842

# then Log in/out key.

Pass is 1934

I need to do this from the power up mode. So I need to be holding down the correct keys when it starts. # does not do anything from this point

Opting out for another expert

Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Press and hold the 0 key for 5 seconds, then while still holding down the 0 key, press the Start button