Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I change the language on my Epson XP-640 - I had

Customer Question
How do I change...

How do I change the language on my Epson XP-640 - I had selected English but it appears to be in German

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

It is a Brand new Epson XP-640 which I purchased this morning

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 10.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I started the set up, and the first option was to choose language and as I said before it is a brand new machine - never been used before.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/30/2017
Technician: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

You can change the language used on the LCD screen.

1. Press the home button, if necessary.
  2. Press the arrow buttons to select Settings and press the OK button.
  3. Select Printer Setup and press the OK button.
  4. Select Language and press the OK button.
  5. Select a language and press the OK button.
  6. Press the home button to exit.
I saw this on the web-site, but what and where is the home button, please. I am a computer ignoramus.

The home button is the button with the picture of a house on it to the left of the LCD screen.

The Menu shows 3 options all in German - and that is the problem!

What are the 3 options?

Spell to the best of your ability

Auf CD/DVD kopieren Auf CD/DVD drucken CD/DVD einlegen

click the einlegen button and then type the next menu please.

Thanks Sam. It now says CD/DVD-Druckvor-bereitung starten? And the options Ja or Nein

Let's go ahead and click Ja

it has many words in German, and finally indicates that the CD should be put into the bottom of the printer, so I will take it out of my computer and insert it into the printer - is that OK please?

Yes, that's fine.

It now says Vorherige Einstellungen - A4 - Normalpapier, with the options Bestatigen or Andern

Click on Bestatigen next. Let me know what happens!

I am back to where I started with all the pictures on the LCD screen and German words above them!

Okay, when you hit the home button, what displays on the screen?

Absolutely nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing at all is displayed when you hit the home button?

The display remains exactly the same - all the pictures with German words above them, apart from Set up and Scan which I do understand.

Okay, click on setup and tell me what comes up next.

Wi-Fi-Setup some strange pictures with arrows up and down and the options - OK - or - Siehe BeeschreibungBy the way - we have now been at it for just over an hour and I am finding it all very tedious for this grumpy old man!

Okay, I will hand this off to another expert since we can not get this working.

I appreciate your time!

Thanks for trying Sam
I understand from Tesco Bank that your Company have charged me £3 which I agreed to, and then another £17.00 which I knew nothing about. I have received nothing in return, and I am no further forward now. Kindly arrange an immediate refund of this money.