Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Officejet Pro 8500A. The Cyan ink stopped printing.

Customer Question
I have a Officejet...

I have a Officejet Pro 8500A. The Cyan ink stopped printing. The other colours seem to be ok. The HP Utility shows all the inks nearly full. However I changed out the Cyan cartridge for a new one. It made no difference. I have tried cleaning the heads. Also no difference.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's an Officejet Pro 8500A as noted in my other message. Does that not specify the model? As to age I guess around five years

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Macbook Air running OS X 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Discovered the issue only yesterday. Returned on 21st August from three months away. I am not sure but think we have not used it since then (we have another printer in our main house). Nothing out of the ordinary happened before this popped up.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/30/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

You will find I already answered this. It was discovered only yesterday but may have been there for some time as we have been away and not used the machine for several months
No, I don't want to remotely connect. I am already rather unhappy with a process which starts by requesting a "deposit" of $5 and indicating a very high rate of satisfaction and then spends the rest of the time trying to lure me into expensive other routes. I would like to see whether your base system works as promised

Are you aware of your current charges?

What charges? The machine has operated satisfactorily for about five years and I accept that HP makes a lot of money on the replacement cartridges. There are so far as I know no other charges except that I was asked to "deposit" $5 to get your advice. Am I going to receive it?

I'm sorry but it's not a $5 service and you have been charged more.

I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####and speak to the billing team and once your happy with the costs we can continue.

Thank you for that information. I am in Australia and am not prepared to call your colleagues in the US. If I have been charged more than the $5 which I authorised (and which the message said would be refunded if I was not satisfied) I shall consider taking legal action. You may wish to advise your colleagues.