Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The printer does not complete lines. When I do a test print,

Customer Question
The printer does not...

The printer does not complete lines. When I do a test print, all the colors come out fine, but the black PGBK test only shows about half. Printer is the MP 610 and all print cartages are full.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Canon PIXMA MP 610. About 8-10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OS Sierra. Printer has worked flawlessly until today.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Problem just began when my wife attempted to print from her MacBook Pro. Nothing happened just before the printer misbehaved. Problem is the same when printing from my iMac.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have run multiple cleaning and deep cleaning procedures to no avail.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

Please, note that you can click Reply to Expert to reply to me. A rating is only needed when we are finished.

Do all computers that print to the printer experience the same problem?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

NOT interested in securely connect

May I ask how old the printer is?

you are not helping. I have previously submitted all the information requested. You are repeating the questions

I am sorry about that. Sometimes, the data is not sent to me. Did they ask you how old the ink cartridges are?

Printer is 8 to 10 years old. Cartridges are new.

When you say that the prints 'only shows about half', what does that mean? Does it mean that it is faded or does it skip lines?

John, Computer Science Engineer