Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is not recognized by my computer. It is an hp…

Customer Question
My printer is not...

My printer is not recognized by my computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is an hp envy 4502

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It is an hp pavilion right now i'm not sure what my computer running

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This has been going on for a while now. I unfortunately downloaded the free windows 10 and have had nothing but trouble since

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure but this is very frustrating for some one who just got used to windows xp and they discontinued it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/29/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.