Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just purchased a Canon printer. The model on the box says…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a Canon printer. The model on the box says that it is a PXMA MG2525. However, the disk I received is a 2500. It will print a test but will not print from an e-mail. It tells me I am offline. Also I did not receive a USB cord with this printer. I happened to have one from another printer. How can I resolve this problem?

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

This is a "new" printer that I just bought on e0bay.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I am just setting up this printer. I have never been able to print. The scanner works.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/29/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
There are solutions to your problem with the new printer. First, you can get the proper driver installed for it, second, you can decide whether you want it to be set up as a wireless printer, or as a wired-with-USB printer... let me know which you wish, and I will instruct you as to what to do.

(If you want me to remote control your PC to get this done, that can be done too.)

I prefer wired. I would allow you to remote control my PC to do this as I am not very techo-savvy.

OK. Are you willing to pay a small additional fee for the remote control service? that is usual.

I can also instruct you as to what to do, if you would prefer that. Let me know.

I was not asked if I was willing to pay you $39. Why should I have to pay? Don't you guarantee your products? I just bought this.

This is JustAnswer.com. Payment for services is generally expected. Were you wishing to contact Canon instead about this problem?

How do I contact Canon?

1-800-OK-CANON is their general phone #. Do you need any other help from Justanswer today?

(Consider, if Canon cannot help you, you may then come back to this case.)

Thank you. My apologies. I thought you worked for Canon. I will call them.

Good. Have a great day, and thank you for asking your question here.