Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a circuit error 154a on my epson f6200. Not sure i…

Customer Question
I have a circuit...

I have a circuit error 154a on my epson f6200

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Not sure i believe maybe 3 years

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has not happened before it was turned off and when coming to work this happened

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope thats the only issue

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/29/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What message shows up, exactly and in full, on the printer's screen?

call for service
circuit error 154a
power of and then on
if this doesnt work,
note the code and call for service

OK, that's a listed error for your class of Epson printer.

Check whether there is any sort of jam, jammed material, or other obstruction in the printer's paper path, near the cutter, and nearby to it.

After that, check the connections between the Cutter unit and the main circuit board. Make sure the cable that connects them is plugged in (with the power off, reseating it if possible and if it seems necessary) and that the cable is not broken nor mangled anywhere.

After that, having the printer serviced more or less will be necessary. Possibly for a defective motor, possibly for defective Cutter unit, possibly for some other failure in circuitry.

That partly depends upon what you observe... so let me know what you find if and when you follow my directions, and I will help further as needed.