Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The printer scroll says cleanunable 51. Mfc-240c and it 10…

Customer Question
The printer scroll says...

The printer scroll says cleanunable 51

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Mfc-240c and it 10 to 20 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc dell. Windows 10?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Havent used it in ages - have no idea what happened...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm 71 and not great at this stuff - so go slow...

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/29/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

Please, note that you can click Reply to Expert to reply to me. A rating is only needed when we are finished.

Please, follow the instructions below to remove that error and fix it:

1. Disconnect Brother Printer from power cord.
  2. Press Set button and while holding the Set button re-connect the printer to the power cord (electric source).
  3. It will display an error message “Machine Error 46″ on the LCD
  4. After the Error code appear, press the “arrow up button” ( ^ ) there will be numbers that are going to be display.
  5. Choose 8 then press Set Button
  6. Press Arrow Up button again then choose Zero (0) and press Set Button Again, now you will enter Service Mode.
  7. Press “Mono Key/Button” 25 times or until “Purge Counter Appear”
  8. Now press arrow up (^) again then choose “2″ press Set Button
  9. Press Arrow Up (^) again then choose “7″ press Set Button
  10. Press Arrow Up (^) again then choose “8″ press Set Button
  11. Press Arrow Up (^) again then choose “3″ press Set Button
  12. The purge counter will be reset to Zero.
  13. Now Press Stop/Exit Button
  14. The printer will return to “Machine Error 46″ again
  15. Press Arrow Up (^) then choose 9 press Set Button
  16. Press Arrow Up (^) again then once more choose 9 press Set Button
  17. The Printer will reset then wait until it power up again

After that is complete, are you all good to go?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

where is the set button, there is no such description on it

I am sorry to hear that. Which buttons do you have available on the printer?

jason please cancel everything and do not charge me
thanks for your help

I will send in your refund request.