Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My 4632 printer won't print for me. Message tells me the…

Customer Question
My 4632 printer won't...

My 4632 printer won't print for me. Message tells me the printer is offline. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

HP Officejet 4632 serial #

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC All I see on back is serial #CN5105B2CY and FPU #B4L03-84001

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I've had is issue before but unsure of how it was corrected. The computer was just turned off and can't print now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not a computer expert and only want to see if this can be corrected.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Please, stop creating duplicate tasks. Stay on this page.

The printer is connected by usb. I don't have duplicate tasks for you. I only paid for your to answer my question. Message says Printer offline- How can I fix that?
I do not wish to connet o you.

You opened two duplicate tasks, which have been closed. I am sorry for the confusion.

If you wish, I can connect with you at no extra charge. If you don't wish to connect, that is totally okay as well.

May I ask how old the printer is?

Also, which version of Windows are you using?

The Printer is 2 years old Windows 8, I think

Is the printer connected directly to the computer via usb or is it connected to a USB hub that is then plugged into the computer?

No response here to my question. Please answer here

USB hub then into computer
I still don't see your answer and can't get it with info on my phone

Often times, the hub can cause such problems. Please, bypass the hub.

- Unplug the power to the printer.
- Plug the printer directly into the computer, bypassing the hub.
- Plug the power back into the printer and turn it on.
- Wait 1 minute.

Test now to see if the printer works. Did that help?

No help. I give up. Goodbye.

So, it is not working, but you wish to stop working on it? We can continue, if you wish.

John, Computer Science Engineer