Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epsom SX115 and it has stopped printing with the…

Customer Question
Hi. I have an Epsom...
Hi. I have an Epsom SX115 and it has stopped printing with the error message "ink pads full Epsom service required". Can I override this to get printing agan.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
9/29/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Can you do the following please

(1) Turn off the printer.
(2) Press and hold the RESUME button, then press and hold the POWER button.
(3) Release the RESUME button, Next press and release the RESUME button two(2) more times in succession. Note: you are still holding the POWER button). The printer’s carriage will “reset” or move momentarily. If the above was properly performed the printer will enter the “Service Mode”.
(4) Press the RESUME button 4 times, this will select the clear waste ink counter function. The lamp will alternate (change) color with each key press.

Tell me if that clears it please

The Epsom SX115 des not have a resume button

Are you based in the US or UK?

UK

ok, for that you need the reset tool to do this

One minute as I upload it for you please

Download it from my link below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w60sd34jovey7ft/epson17555%20%283%29.exe?dl=0

Run it and run the reset on the printer to reset the counter

Let me know how you go please.

will not download, even though I have given it the necessary permission

What was the error it gave?

cannot download exe.file

something on your computer stops it, which program says this error?

I am using windows 10. After I have pressed the download it asks me do I want to let this programme into my computer. I press yes to give it permission, it reutns to the previous page and nothing happens.

yes, so then it is downloaded, so now run the file please

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

The problem with your offer is the cost. I can buy a new one with warranty cheaper

It is optional, else please perform the last instructions I gave

Hi. I have tried again but it does not solve my problem. The £3 deposit was worth the experience.

You need to run the file to solve it and normally it is just download and run... but your computer seems to have a number of issues stopping it from running files.

Restart the computer please and try again

ok one last trythen off to buy a new printer.

thanks

I have tried several times, including creating a drop box account, but this is just not solving my problem as my windows10 security system will not allow these programmes. Thank you for trying.

ok, though there are some underlying issues then with the computer that you should have sorted out...

Do you have another computer try try on there?

The laptop is new. The only issue that I can see is that the Windows10 security system does not like the sites that I am trying to download and am not going to alter its function. It just does not trust these sites.

ok, first time a customer had an issue just downloading it. but try from herer

https://epson.com/Support/wa00819

You can make up a US address

Sorry it is unethical to use a site making an address. I wll now close the chat.

ok

Richard, Technician