Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I put two new ink cartriges in my copier. The alignment page…

Customer Question
I put two new...

I put two new ink cartriges in my copier. The alignment page is fine. It will not copy anything on the screen. It highlights the word copy I press okay and it says Start Black copyI press

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

I have an HP ENVY 4500 printer. The screen has been an issue since I put in two new cartriges..

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want my copier to be able to make copies.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

It gave me an alignment page.I followed step 1 and 2 and I now have start black copy.It will not copy what is on the screen.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.