Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Can't get printer to Print from computer. Menu display only…

Customer Question
Can't get printer to...

Can't get printer to Print from computer. Menu display only offers copy options.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Cannon MP 490, maybe 5 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC and Windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since we moved from s. fl to n fl. Only copied then, now want to print from computer. Need to set it to do that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/29/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please