Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I CAN PRINT VIA WIFI CONNECTION WITHOUT TROUN. BLE BUT WHEN…

Customer Question
I CAN PRINT VIA...

I CAN PRINT VIA WIFI CONNECTION WITHOUT TROUN

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

BLE BUT WHEN I TRY TO OPEN THE SCANNER I GET ERROR MESSAGE - 9923 WHAT CAN I DO?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

FIRST TIME I HAVE TRIED TO SCAN FOR TWO MONTHS NEVER A PROBLEM BEFORE

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

NO THAT IS THE PROBLEM I HAVE

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
9/29/2017
Technician: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

This error message can come because of various reasons. Please let me know what all troubleshooting steps you tried so far so that you do not have to re-do it .

Let me know the model of your printer.

printer is epson ET 2550
I TRIED REINSTALLING THE SOFTWARE AND WIFI CONNECTION
STILL THE SAME PROBLEM
I AM NOT A BANK MACHINE
I THOUGHT I WAS PAYING ONLY $5.00 FOR THIS QUESTION THEN HAVE BEEN TOLD IF YOU GIVE ME THE ANSWER A FURTHER $45.00 WILL BE TAKEN
NOW YOU WANT AN ADDITIONAL $55.00 TO FIX DIRECTLY
I AM ONLY ON A PENSION
WILL YOU ANSWER ME PLEASE

I just saw your message, You must have got system generated pop up for Remote screen sharing, Please discard that additional facility, This is required only when you want me to connect to your computer. This is not applicable for your case. So please discard that.

• Turn off your printer.
  • Delete the printer in System Preferences.
  • Delete any software relating to the printer/scanner you installed.
  • In Finder select your hard drive and go to Library - Printers - PPDs - Contents - Resources and delete the files for your printer. Also delete the file with your printers name under Library - Printers. Also look under Library - Image Capture - Devices and delete your scanner.

Now reboot you Mac. When complete turn on your printer/scanner again. Now add the printer/scanner from System Preferences. It will take longer than normal as it will need to download the drivers from Apple. Now see if it works.

I gave up waiting and contacted Epson who kindly sent me a new scan driver as the Mac one does not work.
I Have installed the new driver and am now able to scan.
Thanks for trying.
As for the $5.00 charge it can stay but any other charges will be rejected as I had to use other means to solve the problem and was never made aware that a further $41.00 would be sought.
PLEASE CONFIRM THIS UNDERSTANDING

Yes, You are eligible to refund in this case. I will ask customer service to refund you.

John, Computer Science Engineer