Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just got an Epson xp-340. I tried to connect to my college…

Customer Question
I just got an...

I just got an Epson xp-340. I tried to connect to my college network, but I have a system error 202621. How can I resolve this error?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

1 week old. XP-340. Model no: C462U

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was connecting to the internet at my college dorm.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a way to hard reset that printer?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/29/2017
Technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello how are you this evening? I have a link which references how to do a reset on your printer to see if it eliminates your printing error --

The details are described here --

https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CF28201~faq-00007fc-xp340

You can also attempt unplugging the printer for about 30 minutes. While the printer is unplugged, push the power button to drain any additional power in the printer that may be attempting to preserve settings.

My evening went well. The error goes on instantly after it starts up.

Please let me know if the reset settings had any effect using the manual I posted above.

Ok

Any luck with the reset described above?

Still waiting for the 30 minutes to be up

Alright it does not have to be exact, just enough time to have hopefully drained the printer of power and allow it to reset. Not all printers will work with this method but it is an attempt.

That method doesn't work.

Alright, just unplugging the printer, or have you continued and attempted the method in the manual?

Both

Has the printer ever worked correctly since you bought it? I notice you say you got it a week ago?

Once before I connected to the Internet in my college dorm.

In the method above, you saw it mention resetting the network settings also?

but the error pops up before I tried to reset the network settings.

OK I'm trying to look more into that error to see if it's something easier than just exchanging it at the store. It was quick to mess up it seems like.

Yeah, is there a way to hard reset the printer into factory default?

I know what you are hoping for, maybe buttons to hold down when turning it on, or something to that effect. I haven't found anything like that yet. I have been scrolling through the manuals and don't even see that error code listed. I'll show you what I'm looking at --

https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CF28201~faq-00007f1-xp340

Can you confirm the error number? And were you saying the error popped up before you could attempt the keypad commands to reset the printer?

202621, the error popped up before I attempt the keypad commands to reset the printer.

Have you tried pushing any buttons in attempt to get around the error? Is the printer plugged in to the computer, and at least showing up on there?

I tried the buttons, and the printer is not plugged in to the computer because I don't have a connector that plugs from the printer and the computer.

Alright. I am going to opt out of this question to allow someone else an attempt at assisting. They should be able to see what we discussed. I would love to assist you further, but if someone else maybe knows a trick, I would rather they try to get your problem addressed as quickly as possible. It may just need to be returned, but I don't want to leave it at just that. Someone else should respond shortly. Have a great evening, and I enjoyed working with you!

You too.
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?