Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Brother MFC-J5730W. It's only a couple of months old, it's…

Customer Question
Brother MFC-J5730W. It's only...

Brother MFC-J5730W. It's only a couple of months old, it's on it's second set of ink cartridges. Will not print Yellow, have replaced cartridge and ran cleaning program more than 10 times...

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

MFC-J5730W and we're using Innobella (?) cartridges (the Brother ones from Hottoner.com)

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC (laptop) with Windows 10 and also from A linux laptop with Ubuntu on it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Been in use for a couple of months. We don't ptint too much. Are on our second set of (original Brother) cartridges. It just got graduall worse and after running the cleaning process nothing changed. NB it is 100% on Blue, Red, and black. On yellow the small square is completely empty (no dots at all)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
9/29/2017
Technician: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Do you see any difference in the Print Quality Check Sheet after running cleaning program couple of times ?

Please check if your followed exactly same steps to run cleaning program :-

<For Non-touchscreen models>

1. Do one of the following:

- If your Brother machine has the INK or INK MANAGEMENT key on its control panel, press the INK or INK MANAGEMENT key.

- If not:
    1. Press the MENU key.
    2. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to choose Ink or Ink Management.
    3. Press the OK key.
  2. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to choose Test Print.
  3. Press the OK key.
  4. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to choose Print Quality.
  5. Press the OK key.
  6. Press the Color(Colour) Start key.

<For touchscreen models>

1. Press INK or Ink indicator.
  2. Press Test Print.
  3. Press Print Quality.
  4. Press the Color(Colour) Start key.
John, Computer Science Engineer