Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Someone is trying to send me a fax, but the fax tell them…

Customer Question
Someone is trying to...

Someone is trying to send me a fax, but the fax tell them that it is unavailable at this time

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

WF-3640

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

HP, don't know what OS means? like ATT server?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I haven't used fax since July, this is first time since that it hasn't worked

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/29/2017
Technician: Larry S, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Larry S
Larry S, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today.

After taking a look at your question, it sounds like the fax is not connected or not setup to receive faxes.

First can you power off your device and power back on?

Ok, back on now. I had never changed settings and now I don't remember where I had

Unplug your device and plug it back in

Also, If you can, try to call your fax number. If your fac machine answers the call, we know your fax machine is working. If this is the case, the person sending the fax could be having issues.