Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a wireless printer. It won't print even though I have…

Customer Question
I have a wireless...

I have a wireless printer. It won't print even though I have gone through the set-up instructions and wireless test given in the guide. It is a HP Officejet Pro 8610. All the diagnostic results indicate PASS.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The printer is two to three years old. The model is: HP Officejet Pro 8600. Product number--CM749A

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC. Not sure I know what OS system. Where could I find that Info.?

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

Why the printer won't print when all indications are that proper connections are in order.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has been working well until i switched over from Shaw to Telus. Hasn't worked since the installing technician from Shaw to Telus left.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Just why it isn't printing and what I need to do to solve the problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
9/28/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 7 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

10

What's the error or message when printing from the computer?

Have you tried to uninstall / reinstall the printer's driver / software?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Sorry that I had to leave part way through our "conversation". I have tried shutting down I have shut down the computer, router, and printer, and then turned them on in the order suggested in my instructions. No change.
I plan to check with a friend who knows about my problem tomorrow. If I need further help I will call. Thanks.

We can try to uninstall the printer's driver / program, then reinstall it. OK, please let me know tomorrow; we can schedule a time as needed. Thank you for your patience.

Do you still need help with the printing issue? And/or do you need help with any other computer question / issue?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help; we guarantee our service. Thank you.

John, Computer Science Engineer