Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an R1900 printer and the ink and paper lights

Customer Question
I have an R1900...

I have an R1900 printer and the ink and paper lights continually blink I believe it is the general error

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson R1900 I would say probably 5 years old, it is definitely older

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IMac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

X Yosemite and just happened this evening

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have had this issue a little bit the last few weeks but have been able to unplug and plug the printer to get it to work tonight nothing

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/28/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

This has been doing it for a few weeks. I have been able to unplug and plug in and that seems to work.
Today it doesn't want to come out of it, I don't see any sort of obstruction.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Yep standby
Okay that is done

Okay, that should reset the error mem.

Can you connect it back up and tell me If this has made a difference.

Still doing the same thing unfortunately

Okay, can you tell me how old it is?

Can you try the reset with the ink and paper out?

Printer is pretty old it is about 5 years old, there is no paper in it, I will try to remove the ink but not sure how as the cartridge container is over to the right a bit past where you place the ink so I can't open it.

There should be a mode on the printer menu that you can enable that will move the toner over for you

Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician
I can't hit that ink button as my printer has a general error in which the paper and ink buttons are both blinking so the printer is essentially shut down. It is unresponsive.

Unplug the printer from the power cord

Once that is unplugged, you can use your hand to move it over or remove the ink cartridges

Just want to make sure, that won't ruin anything on the printer track or electronically will it?

I understand your concern about "ruining" anything but as the printer stands right now, it will not work so it cannot damage it any further (if that makes sense)

Fair point! Ink has now been removed.
Aside from the printer ink being out, there is no general error after that ink has been removed

Insert the ink back in and power it back on

Done, and back in, general error is back, shoot

How old is the printer?

It's relatively old, 5 years

Normally, I would tell you that the cost to repair this issue would be more than buying a new printer but your printer is not one of the cheaper models so it could be around the same price or a little cheaper to have it repaired locally.