Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I removed the cartridges in order to replace them and can't…

Customer Question
I removed the cartridges...

I removed the cartridges in order to replace them and can't get them reinstalled.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

HP ENVY 5665

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC WINDOWS 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

JUST TODAY. THE INK GOT LOW SO i REMOVED THE CARTRIDGES IN ORDER TO REPLACE THEM. CAN'T SEE HOW TO REINSTALL THEM.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
9/28/2017
Technician: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

What is the brand and model of the printer and I'll be happy to help give instructions to re-install them for you!

Printer hp 5665

Thank you. Please allow a few minutes while I look this up!

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

2. Open the cartridge access door by placing two fingers under one or both of the small handles on the sides of the cartridge access door and then lifting it up.

Figure : Open the cartridge access door

The Door Open screen displays on the printer control panel with the message, 'The cover or door must be closed to print. Check that it is completely closed.' A Change Ink option also displays on the bottom right corner of the touchscreen.

3. Touch Change Ink to watch a video on the touchscreen about replacing the cartridges (optional).

4. Lightly press down on the low or empty cartridge to release it.

Figure : Press down on the cartridge

• Remove the cartridge from the slot on the left to replace the tri-color cartridge.

• Remove the cartridge from the slot on the right to replace the black cartridge.

5. Pull the cartridge toward you out of its slot, and then set it aside for recycling.

NOTE:

Recycle any low or empty cartridges. The HP Inkjet Supplies Recycling Program is available in many countries/regions, and it is free of charge.

6. Remove the new cartridge from its package. Be careful to touch only the black plastic on the cartridge.

Figure : Remove the cartridge from its package

7. Pull the orange tab to remove the protective tape from the cartridge.

CAUTION:

Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Do not replace the protective tape on the contacts. Handling these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

Figure : Remove the tape and avoid touching the cartridge contacts or ink nozzles

8. Slide the new cartridge at a slight upward angle into the empty slot, and then gently push up on the cartridge until it snaps into place.

• Insert the tri-color cartridge into the left slot.

• Insert the black cartridge into the right slot.

Figure : Insert the new cartridge

9. Repeat these steps to replace the other cartridge, if necessary.

10. Close the cartridge access door. When the door is completely closed, the Door Open screen with the message, 'The cover or door must be closed to print. Check that it is completely closed.' disappears, and the printer returns to the Home screen.

Figure : Close the cartridge access door

11. Touch OK.

12. Wait for the printer to calibrate and align the cartridges. After the alignment is complete, the printer prints an alignment page.

13. Touch OK, and then discard or recycle the alignment page.

.

.

Try these steps and let me know if you run into any issues and we'll go from there. Please remember to rate my service too! I'm happy to help if you need further assistance!

.

Good morning! I haven't back regarding the status of your issue. Please let me know if and how I can help you further! Thanks! Also, please do not leave a negative rating without allowing me the chance to improve my service to you. Have a great day!

Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S.