Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson GS6000 that prints well but if prints a

Customer Question
I have an Epson...

I have an Epson GS6000 that prints well but if prints a longer run it gets PF Motor Errors (1223, 1227, 1228) If shut machine down let it cool, turn back on and I can print again. So I have to print then pause, allow to cool then resume. Whats going on?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it used, so I don't know the age. It is an Epson Stylus Pro GS6000

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 10 Laptop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Everything was printing fine, then the head unit stops, the paper slides forward, blinking lights and errors.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that about it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/28/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Off and on this pass month. I looked up buying a PF Motor but the fact that it starts printing just fine after it cools down so I wanted to get a better idea of what was going on instead of throwing parts at it.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Done

Okay can you connect it back up please and tell me If this has helped?

Thanks

Kris

Well, that cleared the error for sure but I will not be able to see if that stops the error from happening unless I do a long print run.

Would you be able to give this a try?

The issue I have is not visible thru an interface with the laptop. I can clear the print queue and errors on the computer just fine. The problem is a mechanical issue with the printer itself not a software issue.

Are you connected USB or wireless?