Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Hooked up canon mx926 and now shows support code 1405 and…

Customer Question
Hooked up canon mx926...

Hooked up canon mx926 and now shows support code 1405 and type of print head is incorrect.

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No not done before. I think a couple of years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc not sure what operating system where can I check?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A message saying cancel printing and switch off/turn on printer. I did that and then came the message as above.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I do not think so.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/28/2017
Technician: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Please follow these steps to try to resolve this issue:
1. Confirm that the printer is powered on.
2. Pull open the paper output tray.
3. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. The print head will move to the replacement position.
4. Open the inner cover.
5. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.
6. Raise the print head lock lever.
7. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.
8. Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.
9. Insert ink tanks into the print head.
10. Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.
11. Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.
12. Close the inner cover and the scanning unit/printer cover.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!