Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a mf229dw and I am trying to scan a document and the…

Customer Question
I have a mf229dw...

I have a mf229dw and I am trying to scan a document and the printer window says "connect the computer" - what is it asking - the printer is on a wireless network unless I have it configured incorrectly.

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Imageclass mf229dw - maybe 4 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC - Hp envy h8 with windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I never tried to scan with it before - first time

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have Comcast with their wireless router

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/27/2017
Technician: Kamil Anwar, Technician replied 11 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Technician

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks