Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a laser jet Pro M1210MFP printer. I just got a new…

Customer Question
I have a laser...

I have a laser jet Pro M1210MFP printer. I just got a new cartridge at a computer place -

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LaserJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

My printer is a Laser Jet M1210 MFP I hink serial number is : CE841-90901 I got a new cartridge and it is aHP 85A CE285A. I have installed it and the mahine keeps asking me to install black cartridge. Please help. I am beside myself, as I am in the middle of a massive project and I need my printer.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac. OSXE1Capitan

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The old cartridge worked find. Would there be a number on that; i will look at it and see if I can find anything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Serial number on old cartridge: H112072990435A0390 I do not know if this is the same number on the new cartridge that is in printer now. Should I pull it out and check. I have taken it out and put it back in at least 10 times and the message keeps blinking: Install black cartridge now. HELP. This is driving me to distraction.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/27/2017
Technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Yes the old cartridge should have a number on it. Could you verify that the number on the new cartridge matches the on on the old one?