Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Brother mfc 495cw cant scan with adf

Customer Question
brother mfc 495cw cant scan with adf
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What error message do you get, on the printer, when you try to do an ADF scan?

And, how are you trying to do the scan? if you care to describe.

Either way, I can advise you as to what to do to get it working.

when try to scan using adf, printer doesnt pull in paper. scan works if lift lid and place page to be scanned
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

I believe Russell is not available right now.

So let me take care of this from here.

May I know what is the operating system you use on your computer?

Is that Windows or Mac?

Windows 10, 64 bit
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Thank you and let me check on this.

Please hold.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

I believe you are trying to scan using the Scanning from the ControlCenter Software.

Am I right?

but using machine to actually give instructions on what and how to scan
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Alright.Let me see.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Please let me know if that worked for you.

i had already tried that and didnt correct problem.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Alright. Please hold.Let me make a little research on this.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

In that case please once try resetting the system.

1. Make sure the machine is not operating, then disconnect all the cables from the machine (except the power cord).
  2. Press Menu.
  3. Press the up or down arrow key to choose Network and press OK.
  4. Press the up or down arrow key to choose Factory Reset or Network Reset and press OK.
  5. - For MFC users:
    Press 1 for Reset.
    - For DCP users:
    Press + for Reset.
  6. - For MFC users:
    Press 1 for Reboot.
    - For DCP users:
    Press + for Reboot.
  7. The machine will restart, re-connect cables once this is complete.

<For Touchscreen models>

2. Press MENU.
  3. Press Network.
  4. If Network Reset is in the options, press Network Reset.
    If not, press the up or down arrow key to display Factory Reset or Network Reset and press Factory Reset or Network Reset.
  5. Press Yes.
  6. Hold down Yes for 2 seconds to confirm.

Let me know when it's done

OK.
I have to leave for awhile now.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Alright.Let me know when you are back I will reply to you ASAP if am available.

I did the factory reset but scan still will not use ADF. ADF works fine when copying.
Correction to prev question you asked: The computer attached to Brother uses Windows 7 Pro and the brother software is ControlCenter3..
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

In that case can I take a remote of your computer and check this issue for you if you wish.

extra cost?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Yes,that would cost you extra 39$ but that is an option.

And the money would be refunded if the issue is not fixed.

the printer in question is at my office so i need to get it home before any remote session. i'll get back with you then
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

sure, If am available I'll respond to you ASAP