Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I tried to print an envelop. That didn't work for me. I am…

Customer Question
I tried to print...

I tried to print an envelop. That didn't work for me. I am trying to reverse that command on the printer and it won't reverse. I can't print now

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Jet Pro 6978

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

The message is...paper size detected by printer does not match size detected by printer. it prints from the computer it doesn't make copies

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A week. I tried to set it up to print an envelop

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it. I only want to be able to make copies. It works fine from the computer to the printer. Just can't make regular copies. It will copy if you set it up as Photos but that is very slow

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/27/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

happening a week. I can print from the computer but I can't make copies. I can make copies if I select Photo but that takes forever. I want to go back to being able to print a document

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

done now what the screen is black

Connect it all back up and tell me If this has reset?

Same as before.........it says copy does not support envelop #10

Okay, can you go into control panel, devices and printers, and then select the printer in the list

I took the paper out and put it back in again and again.....when I try to print only white paper comes outhow do I get to control panel?

What Operating System are you suing?

what do you mean operating system......it is just an HP Office Jet Pro 6978
I can print from my Mac and from our PC I just can't print a document on the printer
this printer has a little touch screen

The issue happens when you use both mac and pc?

It is fine when I print from both computers. I just can't place a document on the screen and copy
that is when I get that read out
It is stuck on envelop
did I lose you?
HELLO.......R U THERE?
I have been waiting for 13 minutes for your reply. Are you still with me? I am at work so I can't stay on this web site for a much longer time Please respond

Yes I'm here

The issue is the copy settings that is all. here is now you change them

1. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch Copy.

2. Select Document, ID Card, or Photo.

3. Swipe to the desired number of copies, or touch the keypad, and then input a number.

4. Under Tray Selection, select the tray and paper size.

5. Under 2-Sided, you can select 1- or 2-sided copying.

6. Touch Touch to Preview, and then touch the preview to edit the image; from the Edit screen, you can crop, resize, and adjust the contrast of the copy.

Touch Done to return to the copy screen.

7. Touch the Settings icon , and then specify desired advanced copy settings:

the problem is I can't get to the Control Panel
all I see is control panel tips
how do I get to the Control Panel?

What do you see on the screen now? Press the exit or home button to go to the default menu

on the screen is .....copy document Control panel tips
the only other thing I have is a ? mark
don't have an exit button or home button
HOW DO I GET TO THE CONTROL PANEL??????
I am at work and can not keep online any longer with you. It is clear to me that you can't handle this inquiry or fix the problem.

Press the red cancel button and it will exit for you

John, Computer Science Engineer