Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Cannot print printer keeps saying off line. Hpofficejet5744.

Customer Question
Cannot print printer keeps...

Cannot print printer keeps saying off line

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hpofficejet5744

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Hpw2408h

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

2weeks don't know what happened before

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Technician: Eric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Eric, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept a request for one if you wish, but you do not have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until your question is answered, please ask as many follow up questions as you want to by replying below.

Do you know which version of Windows you are using? (7, 8, 10, etc.)

8

Alright, thanks! There are a couple things we can try, before we go with a full reinstall of the printer. Would you like me to begin a secure remote assistance session and do them myself, or type out the instructions and let you try them?

8 please answer

I did answer, I replied to you at 10:25AM, scroll up and read, then reply to me with your answer.

I will try myself with your instructions

Ok, sounds good! Give me just a few moments to put all your information together :) Once I have posted your instructions, you can reply back if none of them work and I will help you continue--please do not forget to rate my service at the top once you get the instructions :)

Please take two seconds to rate my service before you leave today at the top of this page or I am not credited with my assistance. It is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, or you have follow up questions, please let me know before rating :)

Bookmark this link to ask me questions directly in the future: http://bit.ly/AnswersByEric

STEP ONE: TRYING RESOLVE ISSUES WITH THE PRINT DOCTOR

1. Download this file
  2. Once it downloads, right click on it and choose to Run As Administrator
  3. Follow the prompts and let it try and resolve the connection issue.

If that does not work, simply reply to me and we will try Step 2 which is much more manual and you have to follow a lot of steps.