Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Ricoh SG3110DN Sublimation Printer and its showing…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Ricoh SG3110DN Sublimation Printer and its showing an error

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

2-3 years I believe

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

SC 57400 Error Code Showing Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just started today, we haven't used the printer for several months and the ink cartridges were low Just refilled them with sublimation ink

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thats about everything I believe

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/27/2017
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

In most cases a basic reset will resolve the error. To do that power down the printer then unplug power and all cables. Wait for 3 minutes. Plug the power cord back in to a wall socket directly (not into a power strip or surge protector). Then after it powers up completely, test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Hi David,I actually did more research online prior to your response, which indicated a hard reset. That worked ��!
My next question is that we use Sublimation refillable ink cartridges for this printer. I refilled everything, but the Yellow cartridge is still showing low ink. How can I fix this?Thank You!

My apologies for the delay.

Glad the first issue is resolved!

Regarding the yellow cartridge, power down the printer then remove and reseat the yellow cartridge after checking for and removing ink and other debris from the cartridge and cartridge slot that may prevent the cartridge from communicating ink status with the printer.

Then power up the printer and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.

Thanks,

David.

Did you need further assistance?

Hi,This didn’t resolve the issue. It’s still showing low on the yellow cartridge.Do you happen to have photo Sublimation settings for this printer?

Yes, there is a long list of settings. So rather than post all the settings here, please click the link below to view a document that contains all the settings with screenshots that should make it easier to follow and configure:

click here

Have you tried the settings I provided?

Not yet, but this manual was provided to me when i had first purchased the printer. I wish you can narrow it down, as it’s a bit difficult to go through the entire manual, with my hectic schedule.
No Thank You!

I see your last response - if you received a remote assistance offer that can be ignored - those offers are automatically generated by the Just Answer system.

Yes, I can work on narrowing down the settings. I provided the online document that I posted above because it has a number of screenshots that should make it easier to configure given the large number of settings.

I will send tomorrow, we're closed today.

Ok, sounds good. Just let me know when you are ready to continue.