Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When putting new color cartridge in it says to remove tape.

Customer Question
When putting new color...

When putting new color cartridge in it says to remove tape

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Lexmark 5600

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just tried to get my printer working but i think partially this is why its been setting not used

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

When i put black in it aligned fine but color it wont print out looks fine though

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Did you forget to remove the tape?

k
i dont want to connect to remote assist

Did you forget to remove the tape?

no the tape was removed and the printout looks fine\
ive checked the tape several times and taken out the cartridge adn replaced it\

So, the color ink will not print out but the black will?

they both print fine but the screen says the color only is not aligning\

The computer screen or the printer screen?

the printer screen, the black cart. i put in first because i mostly need black and never use color but the computer screen requested to change color too so i decided to do that too about 5 min after the black cart.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

never mind this is not worth the trouble ive done these things i want this refunded to my card\

Sure, you can call our customer service at 1-***-***-****

no thank you