Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just bought a WF 4730 and I can't get the printer driver…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a WF 4730 and I can't get the printer driver to install on my mac OSX 10.7.5. I've tried numerous times

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson Work Force Pro WF 4730. I bought it yesterday from OfficeMax

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MacBook Pro running OSX 10.7.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has never worked. I did install the firmware update via the printer

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2017
Technician: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

Are you attempting to install the drivers via a CD?

I have tried both the CD and direct downloads from the Epson website
I'm out of time and will come back later

Okay, when you have time, just send a message!

Ok - I have 10 minutes

Okay, first let's make sure you are using the correct drivers.

Here is a link to the drivers for your operating machine.

Tell me what happens when you try to install it.

Please Rate My Service if my answer was sufficient!
If you have any other questions please let me know, as I always strive for excellent service!!
Thank you!