Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to copy Printer spitting blank pages with error

Customer Question
Trying to copy...

Trying to copy Printer spitting blank pages with error message Ox97

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson WF 3640 purchased 1/2015

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC I am not that saavy How can I find the OS?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I think today I was able to copy 2 pages after getting error message and turning off and restarting but no longer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Dont think sp

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.

This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.

The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still no change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. Beyond the warranty, it would cost more to fix than to replace.

Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim at that point if needed.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,