Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I left the printer for about 9 months without removing

Customer Question
I left the printer...

I left the printer for about 9 months without removing cartridges. I have gone through the maintenance steps on the screen and replaced the cartridges. It acts like it is printing but nothing showing up on the paper?!?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Epson XP 420 and using 220 epson cartridges

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC laptop and running windows, I believe windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

As I say I had not used the printer for about 9 months. Everything was working fine before I left it sit.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer is not wifi connected so I need to connect laptop back to printer. Will just take a minute.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2017
Technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello how are you? Which maintenance steps have you completed? Do you see any print at all, or absolutely nothing?

Will be great when I get this resolved! Thanks for asking! Nozzle check, head cleaning, head alignment and cartridge replacement. What is the cost of your connecting to fix it?
I will pass, can replace printer for not a whole lot more. Thanks for your time.

I do not have to remotely connect to assist. I believe the most likely think to help would be manually cleaning the print heads. Would you like instructions to do this?

No thanks. Sorry to have bothered you. Have a great day.

You did not bother me at all. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day as well!