Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson XP-830 Expression Premium printer. It is not…

Customer Question
I have an Epson...

I have an Epson XP-830 Expression Premium printer. It is not printing pictures well streaks in them. I've run the head cleaning and dot alignment several time. The head test shows PBK half filling the M prior to it. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's just over a year since I bought it. Expression Premium small in one 5 colors, does that help you?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

At least three months. Nothing comes to mind that happened to cause this.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that comes to mind.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

ok done

OK can you connect it back up and tell me If this has made a difference?

I see you have requested remote assistance but this failed to go through.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-#### renter the details or contact the CC/Bank to remove the block
Regards
Kris

of course now it wants an ink cartrige replaced can you wait
replaced the ink cartridge what test do you want me to do?

Do you require the remote assistance?

no thanks

OK what does it say on the screen now?

I just did another head cleaning and then nozzle check it looks better than before I contacted you. From the nozzle check the M color starts with black before going to red
excuse me magenta

If that's the case I would repeat until its to the level you want?

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

that's it for $33.00 turn the printer off and then on again and keep trying that.

No I am saying repeat the cleaning not the on and off