Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I refilled the ink wells in mu printer. But a pop up message…

Customer Question
I refilled the ink...

I refilled the ink wells in mu printer. But a pop up message keeps appearing every time I print that I need to fill the ink wells. How do I make the printer understand they are full?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Epson ET-4550

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows 10 ?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About 2 weeks. Maybe the wells were getting low.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't remember how to clean the print heads. Would like to find out.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

When it pops up, are you pressing the ok button?

You can go into the menu under Settings then Ink (or press the ink droplets icon at the top of the screen) and that will let you tell the printer you have refilled, ore to adjust the level status. Let me know if that works.

In that same area you'll see (under tools/maintenance) the Clean Printhead option, which you'll usually want to run a couple of times after refilling.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

I can't find Settings to look for the menu.

You need to use the up/down arrow buttons to scroll through the on screen options,

Go down to Setup > Maintenance > Reset Ink Levels and press the Start Color button.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.