Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I was chatting with you and got kicked out. I was chatting…

Customer Question
I was chatting with...

I was chatting with you and got kicked out.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

I was chatting with you and got kicked out. I have a CanonMX470 printer, will not print. I have a PC. It had a paper jam, but I think I cleared it. Then it printed, but kind of garbled. The error code is 5100.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, not sure of the operating system. I have a fairly new HP computer.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's been an issue for a while, and like I said, I had a paper jam and thought I cleared it. It did print, but kind of garbled. Now it just flashes that there is an error and won't print at all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

This is usually a jammed carriage or sensor thats detecting something

Open the printer, does the carriage move left to right at all, or is it stuck and making noise?

If it doesnt move, check thoroughly under it, and remove the ink tanks if necessary. Inspect carefully for any debris or blockage.

If you cant find anything, insert the ink tanks again, and then turn the printer off and then on. Then, turn it on again and watch the carriage, if it doesnt move try and grab it and move it by hand, it may just be off track . If it is, and you get it moving again that will clear the error. Let me know if you get stuck or run into any issues.

Please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, without a 5 star rating submitted I am unpaid and unaccredited for my time and expertise.

Thank you,
Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P