Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My computer can't find the printer. I have restarted the…

Customer Question
My computer can't find...

My computer can't find the printer. I have restarted the computer and I have restarted the printer and the connection keeps getting lost

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

MX920 - 4-5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OS 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was away for 3 months

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have managed to print a couple of documents in the last week after restarting the printer and most recently by rebooting the computer. However, when I just now wanted to print something the same message that the printer was disconnected americano up and did not disappear after rebooting my computer

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 10 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners. window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>