Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson Printer XP-820 just flashed on a message that said,

Customer Question
My Epson Printer XP-820...

My Epson Printer XP-820 just flashed on a message that said, "Your ink pad is (dying) - contact Epson Support."0-

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

It is an Epson printer - XP-820.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I don[t know the name of my computer - I just got it replace - the name starts with an "L" - they took over IBM. I don[t know what an Operating System is. Please explain.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

What happened before this popped up is that I was trying to print a color photograph but streaks kept show up and I cleaned the nozzle heads etc but it still kept printing in streaks. Finally I got a message that the photo was being printed in black and I was quite satisfied with the results. Then when I tried to print it again the message popped up that my ink pad was dying and that I should contact you.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The streaks in my photos have been happening for about a month. I have been having a bad time with my printer.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 8 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Whats the exact error message that it gives you, word for word. Thank you,

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P

I just received a text message on Just Answer to view a response to my question on my.justanswer.com/app/s/a8w6G e my.just answer.com/app/s/a8w6G. What is this about? The message message I receive on my printer was: "your ink pad is about to stop working - call Epson Support"

I tried accepting your remote support request, on this end it said payment failed. If you want to I can go ahead and connect and if successful you can pay the added 39$ fee after I solve the issue.

Does that sound fair to you?