Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Cant get the scanner to work. Epson XP 430 about a year old.

Customer Question
Cant get the scanner...

Cant get the scanner to work

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Epson XP 430 about a year old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC OS Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

First time I have used it today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Installed it myself so I may not have done it correctly

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2017
Technician: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. It sounds as though perhaps you installed only the printer driver. You can install the scanner utility for OSX Sierra separately, or you can just reinstall the full driver and utility package. You can access the full package by clicking on the link below:

http://bit.ly/2wUrE65​

If you prefer to download just the scanner utility please click on the + sign beside drivers to expand the section and select the Scanner Driver Utility.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. If you have any other questions or if you need more help, just let me know. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!

Downloaded the full package the message is still telling me to open the troubleshooting assistant

Did you install the package as well as download it? If so, and you still have an issue, please let me know how the scanner is connected (via wireless or USB printer cable).

No
printer not finding my wifi keeps asking for a usb connection

Please locate the DMG file that you downloaded and double-click to start the install. Once it is properly installed your scanning and printing features should work correctly. Please let me know if you have any questions or issues during the installation process.

All downloaded

During the initial installation, you will need to connect the printer to the computer using a USB cable. During the installation, you will be given the opportunity to choose a wireless connection going forward.

Set up the printer without a usb connector
Have no more time to waste By By
GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist