Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Whats scannerunit. Xp430. Epson what is close scanner

Customer Question
Whats scannerunit Technician's Assistant:...

Whats scannerunit

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Xp430

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Epson what is close scanner printer?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just changed the ribbons and had a message I install it yesterday, and today reading the instrucions I change the new ribbons and know it reeds close scanner unt

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

How do I start printing cause the computer has a print so the printer too.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

There should be a movable sensor under the scanner lid. All you need to do is press it down so that the printer thinks the lid is closed. Here is a guide written from someone else who encountered this issue.

Open the scanner unit. In the top part that was raised up, just under the word Epson (on the left front side), there is a small section about an inch long cut out from the rest of the panel. In that cut-out section there is a small projection. That projection is what presses down the lever so that the printer thinks the scanner unit is closed. I got some scissors and pressed it down the lever (in the bottom part of the printer), and it printed just fine. After determining this was the cause of the issue, I put a few strips of scotch tape over that projection in the top bit. This gives is just that little bit of extra to push down the lever and everything is back to normal again.

If this doesnt work or if you run into any issues, let me know.

Please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, without a 5 star rating submitted I am unpaid and unaccredited for my time and expertise.

Thank you,
Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P

I havent heard back from you in a while, if my suggestions helped you please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

If you still need help, dont hesitate to respond and I will continue to assist you.

If you no longer need help and my suggestions didnt help you, then let me know and Ill send you the refund link.

Thank you for your response,