Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It can't detect my ink cartridge. MFC J885DW. Brother Mac. I…

Customer Question
It can't detect my...

It can't detect my ink cartridge

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

MFC J885DW

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Brother Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I accidentally dropped my printer yesterday :(

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

It is not operating correctly.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Didn't work

Thanks

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, thiis occurred when you dropped the printer

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you