Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It is telling me to replace toner, but I just did that.

Customer Question
Hello, it is telling...

Hello, it is telling me to replace toner, but I just did that

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

DCP-L2540DW it is 2 months old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A few days. nothing happened, it just won't print

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2017
Technician: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please review the illustrated instructions below for replacing your toner cartridge. In particular, pay close attention to the part about removing the protective film covering the cartridge and sliding it in until you hear a click, which indicates that it is locked in place. Please give this a try and let me know the results.

http://support.brother.com/g/s/id/htmldoc/mfc/cv_dcpl2520dw/use/manual/index.html#GUID-39519B32-BEE9-42AA-835E-EA46CF2FBC3E_525

Hi, unfortunately, I'm still getting the replace toner message

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you using a genuine Brother replacement toner cartridge? If not, that is likely the problem. 3rd part toners sometimes work, but more often have issues, such as a failure to be recognized. If it is a non-Brother cartridge I recommend that you return it for a refund and purchase a genuine Brother replacement cartridge.

it is a genuine Brother replacement cartride

In that case, since your printer is only 2 months old I recommend contacting the manufacturer for a replacement printer. You can contact customer service by clicking on the following link.

https://www.brother-usa.com/askus/

If you purchased it locally, you MAY have the option of returning it to the store that you purchased it from. If the information that I have provided has been helpful, please kindly rate my service so I will receive credit for my efforts. You can give your rating by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. If you have any other questions or if you need more help, just let me know. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!