Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We have an model 5661 printer which is not working. We can…

Customer Question
We have an model...

We have an model 5661 printer which is not working. We can not find the instructions or installer disc. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP model 5661, about 1 year old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Two days ago. We had a power outage and PC and printer were crashed.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I have unplugged it and I am waiting. I am operating on OS 7. The computer isn't talking to the printer because I can print from my phone.
Let me see if your suggestion works. Perhaps I will need more help.

thanks

Can you help me install the software? My printer is working with my phone but not my computer.

How did you go with my last instructions?