Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I keep getting a Drum error even though I have replaced the…

Customer Question
I keep getting a...

I keep getting a Drum error even though I have replaced the drum and ink cartridge

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

MFC 7840W

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Sorry I don't know

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Can you do the following please

1.Remove the drum unit and toner cartridge. Wait 1 or 2 minutes.
2.Replace the drum unit and toner cartridge into printer.
3.The error message "Change Drum Soon/Drum end soon" will continue to appear if the drum counter was not reset when you replace the drum unit.
4.To clear this error message, you need to reset the drum counter as instructed below.
5.Make sure that the machine is turned on.
6.Press Options or Press Clear or Clear/Back on the control panel.

If your Brother machine has a numeric keypad: Press 1 to reset the drum counter. If your Brother machine doesn't have a numeric keypad: Press the Up Arrow Key to reset the drum counter.

7.When the LCD shows Accepted, close the front cover.
8.Your drum is now reset.

Let me know if it is then cleared

Thank you