Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Our printer is saying our belt is coming to an end? It is…

Customer Question
Hi, our printer is...

Hi, our printer is saying our belt is coming to an end?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is MFC-934OCDW, and it is about 4-5 years old. We have had the roller pads replaced also at one point in time but this is something new that popped up

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This just popped up yesterday. I print my work everyday, but not overuse it, but if it stops working, I wont receive my work for the day

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that would do it. thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

This means the transfer belt unit is coming to an end, it will soon fail and you will need to replace it.

A replacement belt though can be purchased on my link below

http://www.precisionroller.com/transfer-belt-units-for-brother-mfc-9340cdw/details_81460.html

Have it on hand, wait till it fails, then you can switch it with this belt in order to continue using it.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you