Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

My EPSON wf2530 won't print today, but did two days ago.

My EPSON wf2530 won't print today, but did two days ago. When I go to settings it says Printer status: error. It has been set up wirelessly
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: WF 2530 - maybe two years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I did renew our antivirus on Friday - but have printed since then. Could it be an update or something interferring?
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I run the troubleshooter it says it restarted the spooling service, that there was a print job in the queue preventing other print jobs from printing and that its been fixed - but test page still won't print!

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Still not printing from laptop after turning power off - but was able to print from smart phone. How do I get my laptop to communicate to this printer again?
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I have tried re-entering the WiFi network security key - but still won't print from my laptop.

On the printer, click start, type in control and click on control panel

Then type in devices and click on devices and printers.

Then right click the printer and select remove

Then click add printer

Click on it when it shows, let it install then try to print to it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
It can't find the printer once removed.

Does the printer indicate it is connected to the wifi network?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
It says it has excellent signal strength

When did the computer last week with the printer?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Two days ago.

ok, I want to do a system restore please.

To do this, close all programs.

Press the windows key (the one to the left of the left ALT key) + R and type in the run box that opens

rstrui

Press enter

Then follow the onscreen steps to choose a system restore and choose a date before this problem occurred.

Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
No restore points have been created on my computer's system drive

Do you have another computer available there?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I can print from the other computer.

ok, than do the following please

Click start, type in CMD and right click on command prompt and select run as administrator

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then try to install the printer again

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I don't have time now to do that - can I access support again tomorrow to try and fix this issue?

yes, you can return at any time, I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you